Thursday, 16 June 2016

THE TIME AND PLACE BOOK TAG

Hey guys!

How are you? Today I'm going to do a tag! Yay! This is a tag that went around Booktube quite a bit last year and I really liked to watch these videos. I think it's really interesting and fun and I hope you enjoy it. Warning, this post will be lengthy. Sorry!
So the tag is The Time And Place Book Tag and was originally created by Jen Campbell. (Watch the original here) Essentially, all you do is search your bookshelf and pick out ten books that you can remember where and when you first read them. I haven't got ten books, but I still got some books and I still going to do the tag. I think it's going to be a really fun way to share some of the books on my shelves and the memories I have of them. Enough chit chat, and we'll get right in to it.

The Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson

I first read this book when I was about six or seven. I remember going to my schools sale of work, and hunting around the toy table and the book table. I'm not sure if it was the same sale as the one I bought a giant panda at but that's besides the point. My mum bought me a bundle of ten Jacqueline Wilson books, because I had already read one and enjoyed it. I don't remember all of the books in the bundle but I do remember this book being in the bundle. I read all the books, and this was my favourite. It sat on my bedside table, and every night I would reread bits. There were whole pages I knew inside out because I used to reread them so much, and I still to this day love The Bed and Breakfast Star, because it was probably one of the books that made me a reader.

The Tracy Beaker Trilogy by Jacqueline Wilson

When I was nine, one of the people my mum used to work for was pregnant with her second child. My mum had already been asked if, when the women went into labour, she would go to their house and look after their other child. My mum agreed, and one evening they phoned. My dad was away working, and so I came with my mum. That night I read this book whilst everyone watched TV and then read it before I went to sleep. The next morning, I remember the struggle my mum and I had to get the TV to work, and to give the child their breakfast and get them dressed. I missed a day of school, and whenever I think about this book, I think about that couple of days.



Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

When I was ten, my school had composite classes, and my teacher was a woman most had been scared of at one time. I actually really loved her and she was one of my favourite teachers in the school. I remember we had to have a book for when we finished work so we wouldn't disrupt anyone. I picked out Little Women, and started it, but after about three chapters, I wasn't enjoying it and I asked my teacher if I could swap my book. She wouldn't let me, and told me to carry on with it, because she thought I would enjoy it. I did carry on with it, partly because I was scared not to, and loved it. Little Women is now one of my favourite books ever, and every time I read it I remember not being allowed to swap the book for a different one. I'm actually so pleased that my teacher made me carry on with the book.

Just Friends? by Melissa J Morgan

When I was eleven, my sister got married in Cyprus. My mum, dad and I went out for a week. Our last day we were flying home at like nine at night, Cyprus time, but we had to check out at like eleven. We went and explored, and found this little bookshop. Everything was really cheap, and in it I found 'Just Friends?' which is the ninth book in the Summer Camp series. I got the book, and it always reminds me of the good times in Cyprus, from the taxi to the hotel, which I legitimately thought I was going to die in, to the wedding, to the night of the mezze, to the Sunday I spent wasting euros, and the time spent with my family. Cyprus was such a good holiday spent with my family, and I love the memories I have from there. This book reminds me of those memories.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

2011, my granda broke his hip. He broke it one Friday in March, and was scheduled for surgery on the Saturday, but because he had kidney problems, the pain relief administered to him didn't work, and therefore surgery was pushed back to the Sunday and he was given different pain relief which made him kind of out of it. On the Saturday I didn't go in to see him, instead I went into the waiting room. There, I think he was there when I went it, was an old man wearing pyjamas, slippers and a dressing gown. He had an eye patch. I was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and he noticed I was. He asked me what Harry Potter it was and I told him. He said he hadn't read that one, and then we started to talk about Harry Potter. After a few minutes, the man got up, said good ye and left. He shuffled out of the room, and I just remember saying, "I just had a conversation with Mad-Eye Moody." Obviously he was nothing like him, but I remember thinking that, and that thought kept me calm in what was a really scary time.

Those were five books I have memories of, and that was the Time and Place Books Tag. I'm not tagging anyone as I don't who has or would do this tag so instead anyone who wants to can count themselves tagged. I hope you liked this post, and let me know some of your memories associated with books. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed the post and see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, lovely readers! I value every single comment I get, and try to reply to every one. But if your comments are mean, vulgar, or have nothing to do with the blog they will not be approved.